How time flies… It has been exactly one year since we made some changes in Bulb’s editorial team, which resulted in an unexpected name change, but also introduced some novelties in the structure of our magazine.
During the whole year we have been working a lot, and in most cases the results exceeded our expectations. Although personally I never doubted the success of BLUR project, statistical indicators, which always tell more than only words, justified my trust and gave me even more confidence. So let’s see together what has been done during the last year.
We ‘legalized’ BLUR magazine by registering a non-governmental and non-profit association F.U.C.* (Photography Association CREATUS), which is the official publisher of BLUR;
In collaboration with cinema Europa we launched a successful program FULL CIRCLE (HR: PUNI KRUG) with the aim of supporting the talented semiprofessional and amateur photographers.
- Until now, we staged four exhibitions within the program;
- In collaboration with Archive Tošo Dabac that works within Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb we created a photo exhibition Zagreb, now and then;
- We organized two international and one local photo competition;
- We were an exclusive media partner of the Dutch The Impossible project that brought Polaroid photography back to life;
- We created a web page dedicated to the great Croatian photographer from the 20th century, Tošo Dabac, which is available in both Croatian and English;
- We designed and launched the web page for the professional Croatian photo gallery Lang from Samobor;
- We published four standard BLUR issues and one special edition dedicated to Polaroid. All in all, around 2500 pages;
We have been enjoying (and still are) great media attention. In the last year we had around 200 media announcements and several interviews in print media, on the radio and TV;
Finally, as the result of above mentioned actions, we registered over 450.000 page views from around 160 countries form all over the world, and 50.000 downloads of both Croatian and English versions of BLUR magazine. However, taking into consideration also other distribution channels, such as e-mail, USB etc., we believe that the actual figure is much, much larger.
Having in mind that in 2009 BLUR was recognized as one of top 40 photo magazines in the world, no doubt that now we are reaching the very top!
What is next, how to continue? Today we are much smarter and more experienced, because , besides the many successes, we also had some failures that shook us up from our somewhat immature fantasies. And despite all the challenges, we became more realistic and stronger, more confident in what we do. Our team has grown again, and we are looking forward to new success stories: we certainly do not lack any plans, wishes and ambitions.